California would achieve immediate & most cost-effective benefits for more people using VW Settlement on advanced clean diesel technology.
November 23, 2015 | Diesel Technology Forum
Washington, D.C. – World leaders will face many important decisions in the upcoming COP21 conference in Paris as they move forward with global policies to address climate challenges. The decisions made at COP21 will have long standing ramifications throughout the world.
On November 24, 2015 a global webcast will discuss the benefits of diesel technology in meeting the challenge to limit global warming. The webcast will highlight the improvements in energy efficiency, environmental benefits and utilization of diverse array of renewable energy sources from diesel powered vehicles, machines and equipment of the future.
Time: Tuesday, November 24, 2015
- 10 am-11:15 am ET (US)
- 3 pm-4:15 pm GMT (London)
- 4 pm-5:15 pm Paris (Europe)
The webcast will be presented in the English language. Register now at: https://dieselforumevents.webex.com/dieselforumevents/onstage/g.php?MTID=e4b31adcd6d3740be70093f272557dfc0
“Meeting the climate challenges of the future must not come at the expense of mobility, economic sustainability or quality of life,” said Allen Schaeffer, the Executive Director of the Diesel Technology Forum, which is hosting the web event.
“The timing and availability of proven solutions is a critical consideration as global leaders formulate their commitments to achieve future climate goals. While a global climate goal may be established, the strategies to achieve the goals must reflect the diverse nature of the challenges and people.
“There is no singular solution. A combination of technologies and approaches will be required.
Time is an important consideration. Which solutions are available today? Which solutions are proven and trusted in their capabilities?
“Today, diesel is the prime mover of global commerce. Tremendous investments over the last 15 years have firmly established diesel technology as essential in meeting clean air and climate goals. Continued advancements in this premier technology will prepare us to meet the global challenges of the future.”
Issues to be discussed during the webcast include:
• Feeding the World: The technologies and practices necessary to feed a growing global population, and how these practices are using innovative technology and connectivity to reduce the inputs and impacts of agriculture practices, with greater yields.
• Sustainable Mobility: How land, rail, and water transport technologies have evolved in efficiency and environmental performance to reduce their climate impacts while improving efficiency.
• Empowering People: How a new generation of micro-grid electric power systems will transform access to reliable and affordable electricity. A system that covers all the bases, with primary power coming from renewable energy sources, with advanced storage, integrated control systems supported by back-up power generation.
• Building the Future: Why the development and implementation of essential infrastructure for housing, mobility, clean drinking water and wastewater systems can be completed with reduced impacts on the environment.
The Diesel Technology Forum is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of diesel engines, fuel and technology.
# # #
Press Release | 03/21/17
Press Release | 03/06/17
The most advanced & efficient diesel equipment & technology will be unveiled this week at the international CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2017 convention.
Press Release | 03/06/17