This session explores the issues and options for ensuring reliable and continuous electrical supply.
Severe weather events like Hurricane Ida, wildfire response and public safety planned shutoff events in California have all brought a focus to the consequences of lost electric grid power. With increasing reliance on the electric grid and growing attention on climate change, the need for resilient and reliable electric power solutions to protect critical infrastructure and public health is growing.
In this session, the leaders of advanced electric power solutions explored the issues and options for ensuring reliable and continuous electrical supply. The session also covered current power solutions and key issues including fuel types, emergency and backup power systems, microgrids, opportunities for improving efficiency and reducing emissions from existing units as well as future fuel and technology solutions.
- Peterson Power Systems Caterpillar: Greg Lamberg, Utility Business Development Manager
- Cummins: Alex Savelli, Executive Director - Power Generation Markets
- Johnson Matthey: Stan Mack, Regional Account Lead - America's
- Rolls-Royce Solutions America: Brian Ponstein, Sr. Application Engineer
- Volvo Penta: Darren Tasker, VP of Industrial Sales